Taking TOM to the next level!
TOM:Tikkun Olam Makers is a community of makers and people with disabilities creating solutions for everyday challenges.
Join us for the first Makeathon that will prepare existing prototypes for small batch manufacturing! Work with other makers and experts in product design & manufacturing in one of the most exciting and innovative spaces for the experience of a lifetime.
We selected five prototypes based on design, market need and replicability!
SAVE THE DATES
PreTOM: February 18, 19:00 - 22:00 at Impact Labs, Hapelech 7, Tel Aviv
TOM: March 14-15 at Impact Labs, Hapelech 7, Tel Aviv
CALL FOR TALENT
Help us bring together the brightest and most innovative minds for the experience of a lifetime. We need you if you are an expert in manufacturing and product development - and we need you if you are an expert through personal experience to provide feedback on the prototypes.
We are looking for mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, industrial designers, materials engineers, fashion designers, occupational therapists and orthopedists to work together with teams to prepare their prototype for production.
Are you an expert in product design and manufacturing? Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring products to people with disabilities?
Are you ready to stand at the forefront of innovation and development? We are looking for 'Need-Knowers' with similar challenges whom can provide feedback on the prototype and ongoing feedback throughout the product design process.
Sit at the planning table with the brightest designers, developers and engineers and figure out together how to develop the prototype into the best product possible!
LOCATION & FACILITIES
Impact Labs - where machines, materials, knowledge and opportunities meet to create an impact! You will have access to 1000 sqm of creative space and technology:
IoT & Electronics Labs
High-end 3D Printing
Assembly and Paint Rooms
Open Space Desks
HaPelech 7, Tel Aviv
A few common questions and not-so-small details.
1. When and where: The main 48 hour event will take place at Impact Labs between March 14-15. We will launch the Makeathon at 9:30 am on the 14th and close at 7:00 pm on the 15th. The PreTOM will take place at Impact Labs on February 18 from 19:00-22:00. Mark your calendars!
2. What is the PreTOM: PreTOM will take place a month before the Makeathon. This is where your team will meet with experts and start working on those first steps to prepare your prototype for manufacturing. Attendance is required. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.
3. What happens after the Makeathon: The Makeathon will close with the designs complete and ready for replication. We will invite teams of "Builders" to join us in the Spring of 2018 to assemble products for new users.
4. What should I expect as an Expert: Start with an open mind and a lot of enthusiasm. You are going to be tested in many ways and come away from TOM with an experience like none other. Expect to be challenged, motivated, and moved by what you and the teams will accomplish.
5. What should I expect as a Need-Knower: TOM 2.0 is an active space for invention - have a clear understanding of your challenge and your needs. The teams will be working on developing a universal product that fits the needs of many users - you will be the user expert in the planning table.
6. What should I bring? Expect hands-on work for most of the time over the 48 hours - creating multiple iterations of the solution. You will want to get some shut eye back at your home, but you may want to bring a small bag with toiletries and a change of clothes just in case you pull an all-nighter. Also don't forget closed shoes, workshop clothes, computer and charger.
7. Do I need to take off work? Yes, you will be off grid on March 14-15.
8. How much does it cost? As a beta project, this event will be free of charge.
9. When will I find out if I am accepted? We will let you know by February 1. Please contact us directly if you have any questions - email@example.com or 058-4213766.
STAY IN TOUCH
Apply in the links at the top of the page.
Please contact us if you have any question, firstname.lastname@example.org or 054-683-2168.